• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Assassin or Rogue The Silent Debate

#1 User is offline   RaiDR3 

• Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

Totally confused which side to take now, and since there are lack of videos up on youtube, really can't decide :D here's hoping you guys could somewhat, make me :D
In RO1 I'd traditionally go with Assassin over Rogue anyday, but the mechanics have somewhat changed and since ASPD is hardly a factor now considering we go skill spam all over the place. which class now makes a difference?

these are currently based on my review of the skill trees, and you are free to judge, silently. xD prove me wrong if you find a mistake :D

Assassins, for me eh, only an opinion :D seem to require a set up before launching a skill. (pre-emptive strike if you may) and can't cast much of their skills anymore once in battle. although this may be a more logical choice to most players favoring the 1 hit kill approach, in the long battle, it seems rather tacky.

Rogue, on the other hand, lack the 1 hit skills from stealth mode / Shadow merge something, but benefit more on the combo system.

Am I right or wrong regarding these? and if so, which class is really better or more suited?

also, the dual daggers are huge eye-candy :3 shame that only rogues can equip I believe? ooh, if you can, do tell which class possesses more skill eye candy :3 just a personal touch :D

Page 1 of 1

Other Replies To This Topic

#2 User is offline   Soushii 

• Achiever
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Verified Members
  • Locationwhere Ririchiyo-sama is ~

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

I'm not sure if you're right or wrong. Since I don't own an Assassin in kRO2.

Regardin on which is better, damage-wise, I think Rogues are better. Because I've been to raids with Rogues and Assassin. And most of the time of not all the time, Rogues aggro points are more than Assassins. Survivability, Assassins have bonus movespeed when their in shadow form and they have def skills I think but the Rogues have heal per second, they also have good buffs for party and for themselves and don't forget their debuff that makes them increase their damage for 10% on the inflicted monster.

Anyway, For me Rogues are better. Well everything depends on how you build your character though. So it also depends on the player on how they play their character/class.

#3 User is offline   exeuntz 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

Idk about you, but wielding 1 Dagger looks cooler than 2. Lol.

Hopefully Rogues have stupid swashbuckler-like defense while being able to be much more versatile compared to Assassins.

#4 User is offline   ShikimoriAki 

• PipPip

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

Rogues uses dual dagger
while
Assassins uses claw
IGN: AnemoneAkira
Winning Rate: 78%
Main Character: Arme (lvl29)
Other Characters : Elesis(lvl22)/Las(lvl21)/Lire(lvl20)

#5 User is offline   g3n3sis 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

View PostSoushii, on 09 December 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

I'm not sure if you're right or wrong. Since I don't own an Assassin in kRO2.

Regardin on which is better, damage-wise, I think Rogues are better. Because I've been to raids with Rogues and Assassin. And most of the time of not all the time, Rogues aggro points are more than Assassins. Survivability, Assassins have bonus movespeed when their in shadow form and they have def skills I think but the Rogues have heal per second, they also have good buffs for party and for themselves and don't forget their debuff that makes them increase their damage for 10% on the inflicted monster.

Anyway, For me Rogues are better. Well everything depends on how you build your character though. So it also depends on the player on how they play their character/class.

Soushii, wanna ask u the skill builds for rogue...hope u can share it

#6 User is offline   Soushii 

• Achiever
  • PipPipPip
  • Locationwhere Ririchiyo-sama is ~

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

You can try this:

http://www.ro2skills...0dnrfdBqsrbeFbn

#7 User is offline   Enlainzer 

• Apprentice
  • PipPip

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

it comes down to your play style ;)

but if you wanna be kewl with shadow form... then go assasin :lol: (*oops* shadow form look so sexy) :D

#8 User is offline   MinJet 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Soushii, do u have the one for assasin?
Go on if u really like sumthing,dun giv up on it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1