• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Assassin Build

#1 User is offline   popober 

• Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

Okay, so since I haven't seen anything yet about reset items being available in the Shop, if they will be available I hope they're at a reasonable price, I thought that I don't really want to go through the whole guessing business again.

I made a thief and I wondered at first why I had a lot of base Vitality, when whatever it gives is apparently very small, and why my Agility was so low. Hell I'm almost sure as dead once a red mob decides it doesn't like me while I'm wailing away at another one and I just ran out of pots.

So I pumped my Agi purely at first, it's around 10 now, which gives me a total of around 20+ IIRC, but I still don't see my toon dodging enough to survive properly. Then when I thought of going into a possible skill build, I realized that with the skill-based combat system, ATK SPD is pretty much worthless. Really I don't know if it's due to lag or something but response time is ridiculous in this game, combat feels wonky, but then again that's not something most games can achieve. It's like the system itself is trying squeeze in atleast one normal attack in between skills.

AND THEN I realized that AGI only gave dodge and crit rating, which off-balanced me even more. SO now I'm pumping strength. Which brings me to my current state of wondering just what build I might go for.

I thought of going for something like a crit build at first, but sine there's only a Crit RAting, as in chance, and nothing that says actual crit damage, I'm guessing that crits are fixed, which seems to be at double damage or something. So that means basically STR is the way to go, simply to increase damage. I thought of going for a stealth centerd build, playing with Dark Illusion, dishing out massive damage right at the start, especially since it's got kick *oops* range. But that only uses so much skill points, even when getting Hide/Cloaking exceed, the one which increases move speed when hidden.

I then tried on planning out where to spend my other skills and thought of aiming to complete the Shadow Form tree, which I can, and aim Shadow Fang as an aoe, as Meteor Assault sucks *oops* with the CD and limited targets. All in all I ended up with something like this.

Now as I'm still uncertain about how exactly the Shadow Form tree plays out, whether it relies on high crit rates or better to go with STR, I would like some help. I'm still keen going with the Dark Illusion thing, but as I can only use it once every fight, I thought it's better to go for a more rounded approach. Hell, I'm not even sure how stealth works in a duel/pvp.

Please and thank you.

• 2 Pages +

Other Replies To This Topic

#2 User is offline   Malambot 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

I guess yeah..no one will pvp with you if you hide before the match start >.< people aint so stupid to take on your x2 damage from hiding @@

#3 User is offline   popober 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:05 AM

View PostMalambot, on 12 December 2012 - 05:19 AM, said:

I guess yeah..no one will pvp with you if you hide before the match start >.< people aint so stupid to take on your x2 damage from hiding @@

Exactly, which really removes one of the thief's strengths. And that's if, like, stealth isn't removed at start or something.

#4 User is offline   Enlainzer 

• Apprentice
  • PipPip
  • Group: Verified Members

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

View PostMalambot, on 12 December 2012 - 05:19 AM, said:

only dumb/sore losers will complain if an assassin/thief use his stealth skill during a Duel... i mean its one of our skills so why the heck they have the right to ban/not use that on pvp/duel - and it a good way for them to practice/train how to deal with stealth thief when it comes to PK maps or battlegrounds

you guys played world of warcraft? anything goes there... even a skilled stealthy rogue will have hard time on taking out other classes (if those players are good at handling their class too - same gear)... btw i mentioned WoW since RO2 is very very very and i mean it! very similar to WoW (in terms of combat style, interface, and quests) - and i can say RO2 is the chibi/lighter version of WoW (been waiting for this game since i quit playing WoW)

ofc thief vs thief is another story... i dont mind if we start duel not using our stealth since it will be hard to spot the other if you both go stealth :D

oh in terms of stat build... i heard from KRO2 players that you should balance out str/agi and some vit... but i dont really take vit into consideration since it only adds 5HP per 1 point...

would be nice if you build up str first at lower lvls since our crit rate is very low at that time (so pumping agi early kinda bit useless... you wont crit as much anyways)
and take note that our Equips (armors) give a chunk of stats + cards + titles so distribution of stats are just an EXTRA when you think about it...

i myself will pump up str first then put agi later on... though im not sure too... lets just wait for experienced players from KRO2 to give out some advice ;)

This post has been edited by Enlainzer: 12 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

#5 User is offline   Kuropi 

• Achiever
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

wow the skill build u have is nt very practical in my opinion. haha as far as i know double atk is our staple skill and deadly blow is our highest spammable combo user so DA and DB is a must max for me. genocide mark is buff which raise cri% 2% is roughly 14 agi if im nt mistaken. as for PW and WT dont have to be maxed at WT is used for kiting and PW gives 30% poison at all level but the higher it is it only adds 1% more damage nt really worth it jus save the skill points for next job. hiding leave it at one as all u need is the double damage when u break stealth tht all nth more to that and the rest of the skills of thief is pretty much useless.so with tht said what i have is sth like this

Double atk - maxed
Deadly blow - maxed
genocide mark - maxed
Combo training - maxed(u need this!!)
Wep Throw - 1
Poison wep - 1
Hiding - 1
Cross impact - 1

with that said you saved 5 skill point when u change to assassin whoopee which means u can have shadow form at level right off the bat!! well im a lvl 26 sin now and i feel the shadow skill are all very important but u wont have enough skill point haha this is why.

Shadow fiend - max(extra damage is good damage)
Shadow cloak - max (5% cri!!!)
Shadow form - max (30% atk 30% movement speed nuff said)
Shadow strike - max (3 atk and generate 3 combo point also nuff said)
Shadow explosion - max (higher damage combo user)
Shadow leap - maxed (hiding leap MASSIVE DAMAGE! close distance too and 3 sec knock dwn at 20sec cd nt bad)
Shadow fang - 1( useless aoe)
Grimtooth - 1 (used to rack up combo points)

thats about it im debating on should i add the one skill point on shadow armour instead of shadow fang but 10% reduction at lvl 1 kinda wasted and 2 min cd at the duration of 10 sec too long...

This post has been edited by Kuropi: 13 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

Ro2: Kuropi/Assassin
Svr: Jormungand

#6 User is offline   suikostar 

• Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationTuzla, Bosnia Herzegovina

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostEnlainzer, on 12 December 2012 - 08:46 AM, said:

only dumb/sore losers will complain if an assassin/thief use his stealth skill during a Duel... i mean its one of our skills so why the heck they have the right to ban/not use that on pvp/duel - and it a good way for them to practice/train how to deal with stealth thief when it comes to PK maps or battlegrounds

you guys played world of warcraft? anything goes there... even a skilled stealthy rogue will have hard time on taking out other classes (if those players are good at handling their class too - same gear)... btw i mentioned WoW since RO2 is very very very and i mean it! very similar to WoW (in terms of combat style, interface, and quests) - and i can say RO2 is the chibi/lighter version of WoW (been waiting for this game since i quit playing WoW)

ofc thief vs thief is another story... i dont mind if we start duel not using our stealth since it will be hard to spot the other if you both go stealth :D

oh in terms of stat build... i heard from KRO2 players that you should balance out str/agi and some vit... but i dont really take vit into consideration since it only adds 5HP per 1 point...

would be nice if you build up str first at lower lvls since our crit rate is very low at that time (so pumping agi early kinda bit useless... you wont crit as much anyways)
and take note that our Equips (armors) give a chunk of stats + cards + titles so distribution of stats are just an EXTRA when you think about it...

i myself will pump up str first then put agi later on... though im not sure too... lets just wait for experienced players from KRO2 to give out some advice ;)

Tottaly agree with you, stealth is thiefs ( rogues) main strenght ...i myself am a veteran wow player too, so when i checked the skills i noticed that wizzard got amazing cc utility , due to problems with client havent been able o test wizard but he seems like a copy from wow`s mage *cc from frost + dps from fire spec* ..hope he will be as good as mage in wow :D :D :D

#7 User is offline   popober 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

View PostKuropi, on 12 December 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

wow the skill build u have is nt very practical in my opinion. haha as far as i know double atk is our staple skill and deadly blow is our highest spammable combo user so DA and DB is a must max for me. genocide mark is buff which raise cri% 2% is roughly 14 agi if im nt mistaken. as for PW and WT dont have to be maxed at WT is used for kiting and PW gives 30% poison at all level but the higher it is it only adds 1% more damage nt really worth it jus save the skill points for next job. hiding leave it at one as all u need is the double damage when u break stealth tht all nth more to that and the rest of the skills of thief is pretty much useless.so with tht said what i have is sth like this

Double atk - maxed
Deadly blow - maxed
genocide mark - maxed
Wep Throw - 1
Poison wep - 1
Hiding - 1
Cross impact - 1

with that said you saved 5 skill point when u change to assassin whoopee which means u can have shadow form at level right off the bat!! well im a lvl 26 sin now and i feel the shadow skill are all very important but u wont have enough skill point haha this is why.

Shadow form - max (30% atk spd 30% movement speed nuff said)
Shadow leap - maxed (hiding leap MASSIVE DAMAGE! close distance too and 3 sec knock dwn at 20sec cd nt bad)

thats about it im debating on should i add the one skill point on shadow armour instead of shadow fang but 10% reduction at lvl 1 kinda wasted and 2 min cd at the duration of 10 sec too long...

You don't get it. I want to be an ASSASSIN. I want a build that plays around stealth, popping out and hitting hard, then finishing the target off with probable one of the shadow skills, not sure though as I have no idea on what exactly they do, maybe go with Shadow Leap as a finisher based on your post. I don't want long winded combos, I don't want the fight to drag on that's why I ignored Shadow Armor. I wanted Shadow Fang because it's a spammable aoe that can hit more targets unlike Meteor Assault, and I only really plan to use it during those pesky times when a red mob thinks it likes me while I'm whacking a docile white mob.

I only maxed hide as I want to move faster while avoiding those pesky red mobs, and also because I was not sure how Cloak Hiding would work with unmaxed Hide.

#8 User is offline   DeanStark 

• Apprentice
  • PipPip
  • LocationFilgaia

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

All Shadow Form does give a buff that increases attack and move speed and access to several moves. That's it. This isn't like RO1 where all you could do is Cloak and hit everything with EDP (+ Link) SBs. The way combat is in the game has you relying on combos regardless of class. You can't just defeat mobs of the same level with just one or two skills. There is no build outside of highly upgraded gears and item buffs that allow quick and easy kills. Raw stats, basic cards and skills alone can't do it. Even with better stat and skill management, all it does is slightly increase performance. In the end, it's all about doing combos.

#9 User is offline   Kuropi 

• Achiever
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

o my bad shadow form only add 30% atk and 30% movement spd haha but thts gd enough! well popober if u looking at spamming only 1 button i guess ro 1 suit u more ro 2 is more combo based and its sth like WOW so i guess u need to combo of skills

#10 User is offline   ShikimoriAki 

• PipPip

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

-Grimtooth is useless as a skill for dps, but its useful for gaining combo's. Leave it at 1.
-Double attack is your main attack when you don't have combo points. Max at 5.
-Combo Training good for gaining combo. Max at 3
-Dark illusion will be replaced by Shadow Assault. Ignore it.
-Deadly Blow will be used a lot when your shadows skills are in cool down. Max at 5.
-Dagger Throwing is good for luring. Get it to 1.
-Poisoning weapon will contribute a lot of your DPS. Either max it at 5 or choose to leave it at 1 to max others.
-Shadow Fang is useless even if its AOE. Trust me, I tried.... Ignore it
-Genocide Mark adds critical to the entire party. If you think it's useless, you can ignore it, but in raids.. People won't like you in party for having a level 1 buff or no buffs at all.
This is how your build should be. I left 9 points for you to max other skills if you choose to ignore your buffs.
I recommend maxing Poisoning Weapon and Genocide Mark though. Those are very useful buffs unique to thief class.
If you do max the buffs, there's 1 extra point to put it in either Shadow Fang(for AOE),Shadow Armor(for emergency defense) or Hide(for faster movement while hiding)

This post has been edited by ShikimoriAki: 13 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

IGN: AnemoneAkira
Winning Rate: 78%
Main Character: Arme (lvl29)
Other Characters : Elesis(lvl22)/Las(lvl21)/Lire(lvl20)

#11 User is offline   Kuropi 

• Achiever
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

eh? i thought its always gd to have an aoe skill to break rouge stealth(smoke bomb in case he decides to do a smoke bomb double damage dancing moonlight on u? well u break stealth on damage no? and the 2% means alot to cri sin IMO its always gd to have more cri de 10-14 extra agi on ur stats table.which also buffs all other cri type players like cri rouge/monk/priest ect.

#12 User is offline   ShikimoriAki 

• PipPip

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

View PostKuropi, on 14 December 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

eh? i thought its always gd to have an aoe skill to break rouge stealth(smoke bomb in case he decides to do a smoke bomb double damage dancing moonlight on u? well u break stealth on damage no? and the 2% means alot to cri sin IMO its always gd to have more cri de 10-14 extra agi on ur stats table.which also buffs all other cri type players like cri rouge/monk/priest ect.

The thing is, you can't use the AoE skill unless you have a target, and it only affects monsters close to the target (about 3-5m. It's not stated, but as I tried on mobs, they have to be very close together). It's useless for 1v1 PvP. Maybe you can use it for WoE, but I thinks Rogues won't be stupid enough to stand close to his allies just to get hit by the AoE.

This post has been edited by ShikimoriAki: 14 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

IGN: AnemoneAkira
Winning Rate: 78%
Main Character: Arme (lvl29)
Other Characters : Elesis(lvl22)/Las(lvl21)/Lire(lvl20)

#13 User is offline   Kuropi 

• Achiever
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

... awww tht sucks... does the same goes for meteor assult? meh some on with tht skill do tell please

#14 User is offline   popober 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

Wow that's a downer. Well guess I'm better off making a Warrior then. Don't really want to be an Assassin that isn't Assassin-like. Thanks guys.

#15 User is offline   KingofShadow 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:18 AM

http://www.ro2skills.../class/sin.html for pvp
or
Posted Image

this is my build
if i have 54 point
i will max my shadow strike and give 1 point to shadow armor

combo training only 1 point coz
i dont want to play with "lucky style" :lol:

and if u like pve then pvp
use this build
Posted Image

This post has been edited by KingofShadow: 14 December 2012 - 05:35 AM

#16 User is offline   DeanStark 

• Apprentice
  • PipPip
  • LocationFilgaia

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

Personally, for PVE, I'd rather max Shadow Strike and leave Shadow Assault at 1 or not get it at all since a max level Shadow Strike deals more damage than a max level Shadow Assault and the latter immobilizes for 3 seconds regardless of level. I'm iffy about Shadow Armor since it feels like take level 0 or go level 4-5 to see any real effect. I'd ditch it and go for either level 1 Dark Illusion or Shadow Fang.

#17 User is offline   Kuropi 

• Achiever
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

well the main point is if shadow fang is needs a target to activate its useless in pvp and the damage is to disgusting for pve so i guess i will skip that. as for dark illusion its a good skill to open the fight as well as unlock a lvl 1 meteor IF ONLY IT DONT NEED A TARGET TO CAST! but for shadow armour in RO2 SEA website it shows 40sec to recast IMO if thts true than its a must max skill. i mean 10 sec of awesomeness at the expense of 30 sec of restless feeling (sth liek S**) its nt a bad trade of IMO. Shadow assault leaving it at one or max it is only damage difference which u can see at 20 sec CD Shadow strike on the other hand the damage and combo regen is too good not to max it so max that.Back to the point shadow armour 10sec of 50% damage reduction = pulling off SL->SA->DA(if CT dont procs)->SE and another DA->DA->DA->DA(if CT dont procs again)->DB at least in a single fight which IMO weight alot off the outcome.Again at the expense of feeling nt so awesome for 30sec but hey its better than nth(hope ro2 SEA website is correct not 2 min but 40 sec CD)

#18 User is offline   XitriZikri 

• Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

View PostKuropi, on 12 December 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

Double atk - maxed
Deadly blow - maxed
genocide mark - maxed
Wep Throw - 1
Poison wep - 1
Hiding - 1
Cross impact - 1

Shadow form - max (30% atk 30% movement speed nuff said)

I Sin Lvl 26 That Time Not Have More Point To up Lvl in Assasin because i already up in thief job but time last day CBT i can kill many of lvl 26-27 assassin other have shadow form but i not have :)

#19 User is offline   Kuropi 

• Achiever
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

skills and stats are what to add for better results. and the way u play them and the wep makes alot of difference so what u say maybe true tht u beat alot of them but im very sure u have nt met all of them yet haha

#20 User is offline   Blackhair89 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

is poisoning weapon really helps with PVP or PVE? can someone explain to me is it useful for assassin?

This post has been edited by Blackhair89: 14 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

#21 User is offline   Kuropi 

• Achiever
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

poison wep hmmm gd poiunt this skill add 30% chance on hit at 10/11/12/13/14% damage over 2 sec over 20 sec. well its depending on how u see it sin have crappy aoe and nt worth even using.so raking a group of mob and poisoning all of them and spam ur aoe to kill them is out of the question but in 1v1 it increase the damage base on DOT example u have a base damage of 1000 and 10% of 1000 is well 100 so over 20 sec its 1000 damage kinda low IMO 20 sec to make a full 100 base damage hit.. nt worth my skill points o ya btw poison wep do cri so u might have a different idea from me

#22 User is offline   Suparjo86 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

how about stat

i only up agi + str
but my dmg very low

any suggestion ?

This post has been edited by Suparjo86: 15 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

#23 User is offline   Kuropi 

• Achiever
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

very low? like how much?

#24 User is offline   Blackhair89 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

View PostKuropi, on 14 December 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

poison wep hmmm gd poiunt this skill add 30% chance on hit at 10/11/12/13/14% damage over 2 sec over 20 sec. well its depending on how u see it sin have crappy aoe and nt worth even using.so raking a group of mob and poisoning all of them and spam ur aoe to kill them is out of the question but in 1v1 it increase the damage base on DOT example u have a base damage of 1000 and 10% of 1000 is well 100 so over 20 sec its 1000 damage kinda low IMO 20 sec to make a full 100 base damage hit.. nt worth my skill points o ya btw poison wep do cri so u might have a different idea from me

yea i think poisoning wep have low damage too, well i think im gonna pass the skill and put some sp to other good skills. For pvp build can you suggest what skill that needed to be learn?

#25 User is offline   Suparjo86 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

my dmg around 30~60 :(

what is PVE ? sorry noob question :mellow:

#26 User is offline   Kuropi 

• Achiever
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

i nt saying u shd skip the skill 10% damage is extra damage DOT is gd damage u might nvr know hu might jus die to tht little ants bite so leave tht as one good enought haha

This post has been edited by Kuropi: 16 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

#27 User is offline   Kuropi 

• Achiever
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

damage at 30 to 60 at level? u shd state tht if at lvl 25 ur doing nt bad already.i deal 25 to 50 at 24 or 25 if im nt mistaken so yeah dun give up haha. ro is surly nt maplen story u wont see millions of damage at low levels haha. PVE mean player vs enemies in short its vs monsters as for pvp its more like how ur skill rotation should be i have already explain hw the skill rotation should look like.

#28 User is offline   Kuropi 

• Achiever
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

shadow form increase ur atk by 30% so u might wanna max tht 1st

#29 User is offline   Mochiri 

• Pip
  • LocationIn your head.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

oo i didn't know there were so many wow players..
mine is an agi/str build. i don't really like vit that much..
my crit rate is about 1/5, 20%. sometimes its consistent, so its good, but sometimes it hardly appears. crit damage should be linked to str. higher str, higher normal dmg, higher crit dmg.

my dmg at lvl 30 is about 30+ per DA slash(so 60+-70+ total), but the crits are useful enough to down the enemy.
and shouldn't SA be good for emergency armor? :x

View PostBlackhair89, on 16 December 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:

yea i think poisoning wep have low damage too, well i think im gonna pass the skill and put some sp to other good skills. For pvp build can you suggest what skill that needed to be learn?

even if its low dmg its still worth it to put 1 point into it. it adds to your dps.
ハイ~watashi wa Kyuri-cchi desu :> you can call me Yuri.

Find me on niconico!
メロウレイン 30479788
Don't forget to identify your self~

#30 User is offline   Suparjo86 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

View PostKuropi, on 16 December 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

damage at 30 to 60 at level? u shd state tht if at lvl 25 ur doing nt bad already.i deal 25 to 50 at 24 or 25 if im nt mistaken so yeah dun give up haha. ro is surly nt maplen story u wont see millions of damage at low levels haha. PVE mean player vs enemies in short its vs monsters as for pvp its more like how ur skill rotation should be i have already explain hw the skill rotation should look like.

ooo ok thanks for ur info bro =)

i more to PVE dun like PVP sure lose huhu

My Skill (CBT) :

Posted Image

i dunno wat to add huhu
when OBT i need to careful add skill

This post has been edited by Suparjo86: 17 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +