Playpark Community Forum: Monk Skill Build Tanker and Damager - Playpark Community Forum

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Monk Skill Build Tanker and Damager Monk build for MVP

#1 User is offline   bobbyeiken 

• Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

Ragnarok Online 2 LotS Monk Skill and Stat Build

If you see monk they either have very strong body and also very fast attack combo. If you want to be a monk you must ready to be either damage taker or damage dealer. Even monk use clothes as their armor, monk has very great defend skills. Monk usually role as tanker when MVP, Monk also could be super high damage dealer (in short time / every 60/120 second) with a skill combination. You will get skill reset when class change from acolyte to monk.

There are two type of monk Tanker and Damager
Ragnarok Online 2 LotS Monk Tanker Skill and Stat Build
1 VIT and 1 AGI

Posted Image

Pro:
Very high defend from skills
Con:
Very low damage and need high concentration when fighing boss in dungeon

Ragnarok Online 2 LotS Monk Damager Skill and Stat Build
Full STR and the rest for AGI/VIT (I reccomend AGI as your stats)

Posted Image

Pro:
Very high attack and wonderful combo
Con:
You need to wait every 60 second for guillotine fist

Skill rotation:
Sphere Combo: Throw Spirit Sphere > Lightning Walk > Quadruple Palm > Grand Collapse
Ki Explotion (Need three sphere)
Guillotine Fist (Need Ki Explotion State)
Summon Spirit Sphere > Guilotine Fist
Iron Mountain Attack

• 2 Pages +

Other Replies To This Topic

#2 User is offline   Erebuz 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

DPS Build : Full STR ? seriously ? equal STR/INT give more Attack Power than Full STR build

#3 User is offline   Boyadarat 

• Apprentice
  • PipPip

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

Did you notice that you put 53 point in the DPS build? AFAIK, we can only put 52 points.

#4 User is offline   HiWind 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

agi? :o

#5 User is offline   Archimedes 

• Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationOuternet

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

Played kRO2 as a monk with AGI and a balanced STR/INT. I do not know if this is still the same in SEA or patches have already changed it but adding on STR and INT provide an increase of 2 in damage and block. Though some say that when you change to your respective Monk class, your main stat would become STR and adding on INT will not increase damage or block. Can someone confirm this though?

AGI is somehow significant in the later patches as equipment with AGI bonuses will be introduced. It's better to dodge those attacks than to receive them, right? Well, this is a personal preference. Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Erebuz 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

View PostArchimedes, on 24 December 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

Played kRO2 as a monk with AGI and a balanced STR/INT. I do not know if this is still the same in SEA or patches have already changed it but adding on STR and INT provide an increase of 2 in damage and block. Though some say that when you change to your respective Monk class, your main stat would become STR and adding on INT will not increase damage or block. Can someone confirm this though?

AGI is somehow significant in the later patches as equipment with AGI bonuses will be introduced. It's better to dodge those attacks than to receive them, right? Well, this is a personal preference. Posted Image

adding INT will increases 2 Attack Power for each point added and some block chance(Parry). An equal of STR and INT is the best build for raw attack power

and i think monk has so many skills that help you taking damage. adding AGI is not a bad choise, but you need to add a lot of AGI the make it take effect.

#7 User is offline   Rapmelodia 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

When ppl speak about block? this mean is the same effect from evasion?

If i have 50% block, when i block one atack i dont recive damage? and have 50% chance for dont recive damage?

Or Make high AGI for evasion is better than block??

#8 User is offline   Erebuz 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

View PostRapmelodia, on 24 December 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

When ppl speak about block? this mean is the same effect from evasion?

If i have 50% block, when i block one atack i dont recive damage? and have 50% chance for dont recive damage?

Or Make high AGI for evasion is better than block??

ฺBlock = Parry = take small amount of damage

Evasion = Dodge = take no damage

#9 User is offline   HiWind 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

View PostArchimedes, on 24 December 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

what do you mean "later patches"? i mean in KRO or SEA? or KRO already had monk gear with AGI bonuses?

#10 User is offline   bobbyeiken 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

the reason adding agi or vit is give more ability to survive, believe me just depend on STR and INT will give you hard time on raid and PvP
I prefer AGI than VIT

#11 User is offline   Erebuz 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

you're talking about PvP ? without damage how can you win PvP

your tanker build suits only PvE(dungeon) :unsure:

#12 User is offline   Sunbringer 

• Achiever
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Verified Members

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

I personally do not think that you need a level 5 Grand Collapse. Its main purpose is just to gain 2 spirit sphere. I think it is better to take level 1 of this skill and increase other important skill(s), like Protection Ki. You can serve as a main tank and a semi-DPS this way.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Throw Spirit Sphere ain't useful either if you level it up to level 5. Its main purpose is to increase the damage done by Monk's skills by 10% and its effect is not increased per level.

This post has been edited by Sunbringer: 27 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

#13 User is offline   Technyze 

• Apprentice
  • PipPip

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

View PostSunbringer, on 27 December 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

I personally do not think that you need a level 5 Grand Collapse. Its main purpose is just to gain 2 spirit sphere. I think it is better to take level 1 of this skill and increase other important skill(s), like Protection Ki. You can serve as a main tank and a semi-DPS this way.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Throw Spirit Sphere ain't useful either if you level it up to level 5. Its main purpose is to increase the damage done by Monk's skills by 10% and its effect is not increased per level.

QFT. The builds in the Original post are umm meh imo.
Visit my stream! Http://twitch.tv/technyze

#14 User is offline   YuiDesu 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Hi everyone! ^^ have couple of question about Monk. I heard tanker monk is very hard to kill mobs alone. Is that true? If so, then can we change job later on? Use acolyte to up level first..

#15 User is offline   AngelicStorm 

• Apprentice
  • PipPip

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

this guide is just a fail guide.

#16 User is offline   Cheeseezard 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

Why would you even add Flee in the tanking build when you rely on defense and 5 points for 20% flee are just a waste of 5 points?
Why would you put throw spirit sphere in it if you don't rely on DPS?
Why would you max Ki Explosion and Guillotine Fist when you don't rely on DPS and the only thing that serves you out of those 10 points you spend is the 3 second stun?
Why even take Stone Skin in a DPS build when what it does is LOWER your damage by 10% and increase your aggro by 300%? You are not supposed to get aggro as a DPS. Sure the HP and defense bonus are nice. But that won't help you if you're getting beaten to death because you draw too much aggro all the time.

When I'm looking at purely PvE since the current PvP system isn't that exciting for me yet since there is no War of Emperium here, I get two builds that I would choose to use for Tanking and DPS-ing

Tanking Build:
Posted Image

When it comes down to tanking; you're not in it for the damage. You are in it to aggro the mobs and endure the pain.. a lot of pain.
Looking at the skills you can get as an Acolyte, you really don't need ANY of them for PvE. You don't need the buffs since you should already have a support class in your party that can buff.
You also don't need any healing or resurrection skills, since that's not your job. I see a lot of people take Holy Light in their build, but it's scaled on MATK, so even though it would do damage; it wouldn't be beneficial. You do not need the "Flee" skill since you'll have a lot of defense and a defense buff. Take the Guillotine Fist lvl 1 for the 3 second stun and don't get Throw Spt. Sphere at all. Because as I said; you're not in for the damage. You can Max all other Monk skills since they are beneficial to you as a tank in different ways. You'll have 1 point left. You could get the lvl 1 Heal just for it's usefulness outside of the dungeons or invest it in something else, though I couldn't imagine why.

DPS Build:
Posted Image

The same thing that goes for the tank, goes for the DPS: When it comes down to the Monk, you really don't need any of the Acolyte skills for PvE since you don't need Heals, Buffs or MATK skills because you will already have another support in the group which can buff and support and the MATK skills are just useless for the Monk class.
You want to get ALL the skills that will increase your damage output as much as currently possible. That means: Max all skills in the left and middle tree since they will all increase your DPS output except for Iron Palm, which is still a must have for ANY Monk. A passive 50% defense increase is just too much to leave behind.
As for Shout, Protection Ki and Stone Skin; I see a lot of people adding these in their DPS build. The fact is though that they are all Tank skills which either increase your aggro, damage reduction and even more defense which are all useless to you because your are not supposed to be focused by mobs in the first place.
As for Flee: even though it could be useful in some situations (when you suddenly take aggro because your tank sucks), the 20% is simply not worth the 5 points.
This will leave you with 3 points to spend. You could either take Blessing > Inc. Agi > Resurrection or Blessing > Inc. Agi > Heal all lvl 1 or go for Heal lvl 3. Resurrection could be useful if your support dies and there's no one else that can res. But please; do not take Shout lvl 1 and Flee lvl 2 because that would be 3 points absolutely wasted in my honest opinion.

I hope this helps,

Peace

EDIT: You don't REALLY need those 5 points in Quadrupple Palm, D.Grand Collapse or Iron M. Attack in the Tank build if you don't like. The thing is though; There's nothing else that can serve you better in these talents if you're a Tank. This at least will provide you some steady DPS as well as it will give you some damage to do against multiple targets. Again: Flee is a waste of points, and so are most of the Acolyte skills.

This post has been edited by Cheeseezard: 02 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

#17 User is offline   Rizalf 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

Hello I m new here and i haven't got a chance for test to play. My question is
1)how does flee really work? since in ro1 flee work fine when it come to 1v1 lvling but suck when it come to AOE and pvp.
2)Flee skill of monk will like adding raw 20% flee rate or adding just 20% form your base flee rate (eg. flee rate 30% + skill 20% = 50% or flee rate 30% + 20% of 30% = xxx %)
3)it is possible to got high chance of flee rate when you got ganged up by several mobs.
4)Did the block and flee stuck? if that work it would be nice with blok rate + flee rate = imba in tanking and pvp

Thx 4 answers Guys

#18 User is offline   Cheeseezard 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

View PostRizalf, on 02 January 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

Hello I m new here and i haven't got a chance for test to play. My question is
1)how does flee really work? since in ro1 flee work fine when it come to 1v1 lvling but suck when it come to AOE and pvp.
2)Flee skill of monk will like adding raw 20% flee rate or adding just 20% form your base flee rate (eg. flee rate 30% + skill 20% = 50% or flee rate 30% + 20% of 30% = xxx %)
3)it is possible to got high chance of flee rate when you got ganged up by several mobs.
4)Did the block and flee stuck? if that work it would be nice with blok rate + flee rate = imba in tanking and pvp

Thx 4 answers Guys

In my opinion Flee is a waste of 5 points. You get 20% for 5 points and it'll just last 10 seconds. If it was passive it would be great, but it's not. 20% isn't that much either. So for a tank I'd just go with the defense skills. It'll help you good enough. The Flee won't make that much of a difference to you.

#19 User is offline   jettan91 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

View PostCheeseezard, on 02 January 2013 - 06:48 AM, said:

Why would you even add Flee in the tanking build when you rely on defense and 5 points for 20% flee are just a waste of 5 points?
Why would you max Ki Explosion and Guillotine Fist when you don't rely on DPS and the only thing that serves you out of those 10 points you spend is the 3 second stun?
Why even take Stone Skin in a DPS build when what it does is LOWER your damage by 10% and increase your aggro by 300%? You are not supposed to get aggro as a DPS. Sure the HP and defense bonus are nice. But that won't help you if you're getting beaten to death because you draw too much aggro all the time.

When I'm looking at purely PvE since the current PvP system isn't that exciting for me yet since there is no War of Emperium here, I get two builds that I would choose to use for Tanking and DPS-ing

Tanking Build:
Posted Image

When it comes down to tanking; you're not in it for the damage. You are in it to aggro the mobs and endure the pain.. a lot of pain.
Looking at the skills you can get as an Acolyte, you really don't need ANY of them for PvE. You don't need the buffs since you should already have a support class in your party that can buff.
You also don't need any healing or resurrection skills, since that's not your job. I see a lot of people take Holy Light in their build, but it's scaled on MATK, so even though it would do damage; it wouldn't be beneficial. You do not need the "Flee" skill since you'll have a lot of defense and a defense buff. Take the Guillotine Fist lvl 1 for the 3 second stun and don't get Throw Spt. Sphere at all. Because as I said; you're not in for the damage. You can Max all other Monk skills since they are beneficial to you as a tank in different ways. You'll have 1 point left. You could get the lvl 1 Heal just for it's usefulness outside of the dungeons or invest it in something else, though I couldn't imagine why.

DPS Build:
Posted Image

The same thing that goes for the tank, goes for the DPS: When it comes down to the Monk, you really don't need any of the Acolyte skills for PvE since you don't need Heals, Buffs or MATK skills because you will already have another support in the group which can buff and support and the MATK skills are just useless for the Monk class.
You want to get ALL the skills that will increase your damage output as much as currently possible. That means: Max all skills in the left and middle tree since they will all increase your DPS output except for Iron Palm, which is still a must have for ANY Monk. A passive 50% defense increase is just too much to leave behind.
As for Shout, Protection Ki and Stone Skin; I see a lot of people adding these in their DPS build. The fact is though that they are all Tank skills which either increase your aggro, damage reduction and even more defense which are all useless to you because your are not supposed to be focused by mobs in the first place.
As for Flee: even though it could be useful in some situations (when you suddenly take aggro because your tank sucks), the 20% is simply not worth the 5 points.
This will leave you with 3 points to spend. You could either take Blessing > Inc. Agi > Resurrection or Blessing > Inc. Agi > Heal all lvl 1 or go for Heal lvl 3. Resurrection could be useful if your support dies and there's no one else that can res. But please; do not take Shout lvl 1 and Flee lvl 2 because that would be 3 points absolutely wasted in my honest opinion.

I hope this helps,

Peace

EDIT: You don't REALLY need those 5 points in Quadrupple Palm, D.Grand Collapse or Iron M. Attack in the Tank build if you don't like. The thing is though; There's nothing else that can serve you better in these talents if you're a Tank. This at least will provide you some steady DPS as well as it will give you some damage to do against multiple targets. Again: Flee is a waste of points, and so are most of the Acolyte skills.

Hi, your skill guide helps me a alot.. thx :D
But in your opinion, what is the best stat build for DPS monk? Should it goes all to int? since there is skill that can convert int to physical atk power.

#20 User is offline   KimTaenggoo 

• Apprentice
  • PipPip

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

All INT is bad idea, balanced STR & INT is the best in term of atk power.
IGN : Taeyeon89
Class : Full Tank Monk (Inactive)
IGN : Taeng89
Class : Full Support Priest (Active)
Server : Einherjar

#21 User is offline   laxjoh 

• Achiever
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

No matter what build, Throw Spirit Sphere should be at 1 level only. You gain nothing from having it leveled any more. Its primary purpose is to debuff the enemy. As for Fleee, it is useless/worthless. It doesn't add 20% to your current dodge rating, it calculates 20% of your CURRENT dodge rating and THEN adds that. Therefore it is worthless. To be honest, I don't know why Gravity put this skill up in the first place. Probably to trick noobs

2nd, on your skill rotation; you start out with Throw Spirit Sphere -> Quad Palm Strike -> Lightning Crush -> D Grand Collapse. This would be 4 SS. This is a waste. I would replace Grand Collapse in this initial rotation with another Quad Palm Strike as it does significantly more damage and it allows you to use D Grand Collapse right after using either Fury Explosion or Heavy Tackle.

Also, regardless of what build you are going, D Grand Collapse too should stay level 1. Its damage % scaling from your attack power is so low that you should only use this skill to gain Spirit Sphere for a quick Heavy Tackle or Asura Strike combo followup.

Also TBH DPS Monk build is worthless in the sense that it doesn't really benefit for both PvP and PvE. First of all, even in a high DPS build, you NEED to max Stone Skin for PvP but since PvP is still under-developed, you will not need it for PvE assuming you are DPSing. Also, as a pure DPS build, you are very squishy and Monk's main shine in job class is its ability to tank/off-tank. If you offtank with that build in PvE, which you would HAVE to do so, you will die very quickly. Monk tanks are not known for their defense or health but rather their defensive SKILLS and their situational ability to maintain aggro. If you want to be a damage dealing monk that can tank, go an offtank hybrid build which is the most popular monk build in all of RO2. With this build you will be able to tank most dungeons with ease as long as you have a functional healer/support. You probably won't be able to main tank but you will still be able to play a vital role in the raid's tanking crew.

As for stat builds, it's completely up to preference but the traditional build everyone loves is the standard 35/35/25 STR/INT/AGI. VIT is useless on your stat build. You get enough VIT in your gear.
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   hannyxiii 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

What about hybrid? what will be my Stats and Skill build for hybrid monk?

#23 User is offline   SourceCode 

• Apprentice
  • PipPip

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

Tanking Build:
Posted Image

DPS Build:
Posted Image

I hope this helps,

Peace

what you wrote really enlightens me :D :D

#24 User is offline   Sunbringer 

• Achiever
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

Level 5 Raging Palm and Heavy Tackle = more damage = more threat. Some logic you served there bro.
And *chuckle*, who taught you to get Acolyte skills after transcending into Monk? I want! Do teach me how to do it! Wo, I want blessing to increase my HP for better survival when soloing! *insert other facepalm comments here*

#25 User is offline   Zutukill 

• Novice
  • Pip
  • LocationBritain/Singapore

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

View PostSunbringer, on 27 January 2013 - 01:52 AM, said:

Level 5 Raging Palm and Heavy Tackle = more damage = more threat. Some logic you served there bro.
And *chuckle*, who taught you to get Acolyte skills after transcending into Monk? I want! Do teach me how to do it! Wo, I want blessing to increase my HP for better survival when soloing! *insert other facepalm comments here*

Acolyte Skills are useful so i agree that you never messed it up before transcending.
DO OR DIE - ONE HIT KILL.

monk - under construction - soon to demoralize.

#26 User is offline   Psychocoder 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

from what i remember monk dps build, str/int should be balance.

#27 User is offline   johmygod 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:02 AM

View PostPsychocoder, on 30 January 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

from what i remember monk dps build, str/int should be balance.

Any and every Monk build, should be somewhat balanced. Monks get so much more out of a split between the two since both stats give the same bonuses.

#28 User is offline   tuabehgong 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

View PostZutukill, on 28 January 2013 - 12:24 AM, said:

Acolyte Skills are useful so i agree that you never messed it up before transcending.

If you said that sentence, i`m 100% sure 1st your not a monk, 2nd you never played a monk.
If monk are able to still add acolyte skills, all the monks would be so happy and OP, self heal,res,hp buff. LMFAO

#29 User is offline   rap8rap 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:52 AM

I seriously lol'd when I saw OP's builds. And also, if you guys don't play a monk, please don't try to teach others on how to build their characters up.

IMO, there's no such thing as DPS or TANK monk, since the class itself is both.

Here's the skill build that I'm using right now:

Posted Image
*2 leftover points, I dunno where to spend them

1/1 Spiritual Cadence
- You got no choice. It's already set once you switch to monk.

5/5 Quadruple Palm (QP)
- Your basic skill, maxed for optimal damage.

5/5 Iron Palm
- Passive with 50% def boost. You definitely won't skip this.

5/5 Iron M. Attack (Heavy Tackle/HT)
- You use this everytime you get 3SS (unless you're going to use Fury). Worth maxing because of the damage it gives.

5/5 Grand Collapse (GC)
- Some people said that the damage progression is low so it's not worth maxing. But as a monk, you'll be using this skill ALMOST EVERY COOLDOWN. Why not max it if you're using it everytime? The damage is low compared to QP but the 2SS it gives lets you do Heavy Tackle almost everytime. I'd rather deal a 21% GC every 6-8 seconds than doing a measly 14% GC just because I held back some skill points.

1/5 Shout
- No point in maxing a provoke skill. This is only used in certain situations, where you need to catch up on the threat on a certain mob. This skill gives you threat equal to the highest in your group. Meaning, you're not gonna spam this on a single mob. The 20s cooldown is more than enough to hold agro.

5/5 Summon Spirit Sphere (SSS)
- This is a great skill to have. You can use this in an offensive and/or defensive way. Offensive is you use this skill to dish out 2 consecutive Asura Strikes (Fury > Asura > SSS > Asura). Defensive is you're gonna use it to reset Ki Protection.

1/3 Earth Shaker (Lightning Crush)
- Just put a skill point here for getting Fury. Potions give more agro than this skill and potions cover every mob attacking your party. The damage it deals is also laughable and it only hits 3 mobs.

0/5 Flee
- As others have said in this thread, 5 points to get 20% Flee is not worth the investment. Also, the 20% Flee is only active for 10s. Also, you must consider that Flee is heavily diminished when fighting bosses.

1/5 Lightning Walk (LW)
- You don't need this in your rotation. Most of the time, I use this as an opener (TSS > LW > QP > HT) to easily build up agro. In PvP, if you want to kill someone, you just use this to easily catch up to them. Most fights won't last 20s, so even at level5, you can only use this once. So why bother maxing this?

5/5 Ki Explosion (Fury)
- Damage +30% for 30s, 1 min. cooldown. Need I say more? Anyone who leaves this at level1 should go play Farmville. Combined with SSS, you can have a full minute of increased damage. A very useful skill.

5/5 Ki Protection
- Your OH SH*T skill. Literally halves the damage you received. Even if you're going as DPS, this is a must-have. And when you use Steel Body, there's no SS cost for this skill.

1/5 Throw Spirit Sphere (TSS)
- Your gateway to permanently adding 10% more damage to your monk. 10s cooldown, 15s buff effect. Not bad IMO. Just use this if you don't see a TSS debuff on a mob. Not worth maxing since it has a long cooldown, and the debuff effect doesn't increase per level.

5/5 Guillotine Fist (Asura Strike)
- You became a monk to use this skill. Maxing this is a must. 120% Physical damage + 30% Damage buff from Fury + 10% debuff from TSS? If you don't max this skill, play Farmville.

5/5 Stone Skin
- This is a must have. This skill is what makes us monks versatile. Turn this skill ON if you need to be a tank, turn it off if you're going full DPS. You can also leave this ON as DPS since it gives you better survivability, although you need to check the threat meter to make sure that your not getting the aggro from the tank.

2 LEFTOVER POINTS = still undecided. But IMO, put this in Lightning Walk since the other skills are useless.

STAT BUILD:

40 STR, 40 INT, 8 VIT
- No AGI because if you check the monk's equipment, you only have STR/INT/WIS/VIT. Meaning, you will definitely have LOW AGI. No use investing AGI if you would only get very low crit/dodge values.
- You definitely won't need WIS since your SP pool is enough.
- VIT's effect is a waste of points since it only gives you 6HP per point of VIT. Just use Scratch Thief cards to get the VIT you need. The 8 points here is to make sure that no stat points will go to waste.
- The great thing about being a monk is STR = Damage+Parry, and INT = Damage+Parry. Compared to the other tank classes, this gives us better mitigation IMO since you have more of the PARRY stat. Leaving this at 1 STR : 1 INT is a win-win. With this in mind, you can also go for a 41STR 41INT build but I suggest going to 40/40/8 instead to have a small buffer on HP.

This one here is a fail-safe build. You won't have a hard time getting a party since you can function as a DPS and/or TANK. You won't have problems holding aggro as a tank since you have high threat. You won't have problems as DPS since the necessary skills are maxed out. It's just a matter of flicking Steel Body to suit a role the party/raid needs. Also, don't be intimidated by the high damage dealt by other classes. We monks use quick, decent-damaged skills instead of having high damage skills with long animation/cast times.

BEST PARTIED WITH: Wiz(INT Buff), Warrior/Knight (STR Buff).
MY MONK BUILD
MayaDelaRosa

#30 User is offline   samdecruz 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

i agreed with u rap8rap since i also playing monk B)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +