Playpark Community Forum: Cant even reach the world selection screen - Playpark Community Forum

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cant even reach the world selection screen thanks for any kind souls who would help

#1 User is offline   xxiw23 

• Apprentice
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Hi everyone,

I've followed MapleSea.com's instruction and unzip the .exe file into my maplestory folder. But when i run maplestory, before i even see the "Asiasoft" logo, Maplestory would crash. So i can't even make it to the world selection screen.

Now i see alot ppl talking about BlackCipher but i realised my maplestory still uses Hackshield when i start it up. Could this be the cause?

Sorry for making another thread like this but i looked around and it seems like no one else is facing this specific problem, coz everyone else seems to be able to reach the world selection screen and their problem starts from there(BlackCipher problem, dc problem, unable to enter world, etc etc). I am really resistant to re-downloading the whole game as it normally takes half a day and somewhere in the middle of the process, an error would pop-up saying "fail to download".

Any sort of help is greatly appreciated. Even if you just put my mind in peace, that i have no choice but to attempt to re-download the whole thing.

Thank you.

• 2 Pages +

Other Replies To This Topic

#2 User is offline   Fantasme 

• Stealing your skills
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Verified Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

xxiw23, on 21 February 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

Hi everyone,

I've followed MapleSea.com's instruction and unzip the .exe file into my maplestory folder. But when i run maplestory, before i even see the "Asiasoft" logo, Maplestory would crash. So i can't even make it to the world selection screen.

Now i see alot ppl talking about BlackCipher but i realised my maplestory still uses Hackshield when i start it up. Could this be the cause?

Sorry for making another thread like this but i looked around and it seems like no one else is facing this specific problem, coz everyone else seems to be able to reach the world selection screen and their problem starts from there(BlackCipher problem, dc problem, unable to enter world, etc etc). I am really resistant to re-downloading the whole game as it normally takes half a day and somewhere in the middle of the process, an error would pop-up saying "fail to download".

Any sort of help is greatly appreciated. Even if you just put my mind in peace, that i have no choice but to attempt to re-download the whole thing.

Thank you.

This is not of much help as I can't solve your problem, but I do still see HS loading and BlackCipher appears in my processes.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   xxiw23 

• Apprentice
  • PipPip

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

Its okay. Thanks alot. Really can't play Maple now, patch d can't on, re-download the whole game also after 2 hours it shows me network error. "Sky" want me to quit? >.<

I was sooooo hoping to play revamped-striker when it comes T.T

really nobody knows a solution to this??

#4 User is offline   Miyazakii 

• PipPip
  • Group: Retired Staff

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

xxiw23, on 22 February 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

Its okay. Thanks alot. Really can't play Maple now, patch d can't on, re-download the whole game also after 2 hours it shows me network error. "Sky" want me to quit? >.<

Hei, if your problem is patching maybe you can give the instructions on this link a try

http://maple.asiasof...ging_into_game/

Cheers^^~

#5 User is offline   Fantasme 

• Stealing your skills

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

xxiw23, on 22 February 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

Well...you DO know the revamped Striker is at least a year away right?
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   xxiw23 

• Apprentice
  • PipPip

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

Miyazakii, on 22 February 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

Hei, if your problem is patching maybe you can give the instructions on this link a try

http://maple.asiasof...ging_into_game/

Cheers^^~

Hi Thanks mod. I tried exactly what this page suggested. Still brings me to the same place(maplestory runs, n crashes before "Asiasoft" logo appears). Tried re-downloading the installation file but it stops after a few hours saying "network error". any other fix available?

Fantasme, on 22 February 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

Well...you DO know the revamped Striker is at least a year away right?

Yea i know. but what to do, i can't even download the installation file now. what are the odds im able to download the bigger file 1 year from now..

#7 User is offline   snowyflame 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

I have the same problem. When I use back the 127.1.1, I can get to the Ares/Artemis selection page. But after I copy the 127.1.2 maplestory.exe into the maplestory folder, HS runs and after that maplestory window comes out, but after that it auto closes. The screen was black until it closes and the asiasoft logo page did not appear. Following the link several times, I've already re-installed at least 3 times since thursday. After each re-install, I copy the ver127.1.2 maplestory.exe into the maplestory folder. However, the same thing occurs. Sent an I-box but they reply to follow the link, which I have followed long ago. Not sure what to do now. I also checked my task manager processes, hsupdate and maplestory appears as per normal on start-up, then hsupdate disappears and only maplestory is left. I don't see any blackcipher appearing as other players have mentioned.

This post has been edited by snowyflame: 23 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

#8 User is offline   LeoValdez 

• Apprentice
  • PipPip

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

xxiw23, on 21 February 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you.

snowyflame, on 23 February 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

I have the same problem. When I use back the 127.1.1, I can get to the Ares/Artemis selection page. But after I copy the 127.1.2 maplestory.exe into the maplestory folder, HS runs and after that maplestory window comes out, but after that it auto closes. The screen was black until it closes and the asiasoft logo page did not appear. Following the link several times, I've already re-installed at least 3 times since thursday. After each re-install, I copy the ver127.1.2 maplestory.exe into the maplestory folder. However, the same thing occurs. Sent an I-box but they reply to follow the link, which I have followed long ago. Not sure what to do now. I also checked my task manager processes, hsupdate and maplestory appears as per normal on start-up, then hsupdate disappears and only maplestory is left. I don't see any blackcipher appearing as other players have mentioned.

Have been facing the same problem.
A window will pop out saying that maple has encountered a problem and needs to be closed.

What is BlackCipher btw?
Posted Image
Give me back my cookies!

#9 User is offline   snowyflame 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

LeoValdez, on 23 February 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

Have been facing the same problem.
A window will pop out saying that maple has encountered a problem and needs to be closed.

What is BlackCipher btw?

Heard that it's the new anti-hacker thing? Not sure.. For mine, no window even popped out.. zzz.

#10 User is offline   xxiw23 

• Apprentice
  • PipPip

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

snowyflame, on 23 February 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

Yep. exactly the same. I'm tired of trying to download the installation file. keep failing. ibox doesn't help at all... looks like the only way is to find someone with a workable game and copy from them or quit entirely. i got no other friends playing maple... T.T

#11 User is offline   snowyflame 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

xxiw23, on 23 February 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

Yep. exactly the same. I'm tired of trying to download the installation file. keep failing. ibox doesn't help at all... looks like the only way is to find someone with a workable game and copy from them or quit entirely. i got no other friends playing maple... T.T

Actually, since I followed the link exactly, 1. extract patch and move in 2. re-install, extract patch and move in, I was thinking if it could be some setting that is blocking the application? Cause it seems like the majority are able to access it now.. In the meantime... I shall re-install it again.

This post has been edited by snowyflame: 23 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

#12 User is offline   snowyflame 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

Anyone out there with a working maple know what files there are in the blackcipher folder? I only have 3 files inside: BlackXchg.aes, config.bc and NGClient.log.

#13 User is offline   xxiw23 

• Apprentice
  • PipPip

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

snowyflame, on 23 February 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

Anyone out there with a working maple know what files there are in the blackcipher folder? I only have 3 files inside: BlackXchg.aes, config.bc and NGClient.log.

hmm mine doens't have blackcipher at all. maybe it is because we are lacking some files from this blackcipher thing, so maple cant run. anybody knows any other way to download blackcipher? patching as the instructions given in the maplesea homepage doesnt add the blackcipher thing into my maplestory folder.

#14 User is offline   Pizzarella 

• PipPip

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

I'm facing the same problem as well. My BlackCipher folder has 4 files, though: BlackXchg.aes, BlackXchg.txt, config.bc, NGClient.txt
None of the solutions about re-downloading and installing helped so far ):
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   snowyflame 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

Hey.. I kinda uninstalled my anti-virus (in the process, did something which stopped my internet connection :( and had me fixing it since last night). Now blackcipher process is running in the task manager -> meaning it could be something to do with firewall/anti-virus programs. I wasn't sure how to include blackcipher on the exclude list though.. Maybe you can try that? (Currently trying to run maple, I get to the ares/artemis page but it's running REAL slow and I haven't tried logging in yet)

#16 User is offline   Pizzarella 

• PipPip

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

snowyflame, on 24 February 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

Hey.. I kinda uninstalled my anti-virus (in the process, did something which stopped my internet connection :( and had me fixing it since last night). Now blackcipher process is running in the task manager -> meaning it could be something to do with firewall/anti-virus programs. I wasn't sure how to include blackcipher on the exclude list though.. Maybe you can try that? (Currently trying to run maple, I get to the ares/artemis page but it's running REAL slow and I haven't tried logging in yet)

I've tried that as well today, but MapleStory still shuts down ): BlackCipher does run, but it closes after a while, together with MapleStory.exe
It seems like we're not the only ones who are experiencing this problem!
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   x3battomage 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

I also had been facing totally same problem and i also even auto patch or manual but both ways wont work,i tried hundred of ways from youtube ,yahoo or forum by all no works... Now i only can complain to MapleSEA GM

#18 User is offline   xxiw23 

• Apprentice
  • PipPip

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Anyone knows any link that we can download the BlackCipher files? i seriously think it is because Maplestory.exe can't find the BlackCipher files during startup, therefore it shuts down before "asiasoft" logo even appears.

#19 User is offline   Pizzarella 

• PipPip

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

I've received a reply for the iBox ticket I logged. All that was mentioned was to check if Black Cipher and MapleStory have been added to firewall exceptions. I was hoping it might be a little more helpful, too.

If anyone figures out how to add Black Cipher to your firewall exceptions, do tell! :3
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   Fantasme 

• Stealing your skills

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Oh? I didn't need to add it to my firewall exceptions at all but if you'd like to check it out yourself go to Control Panel > Systems and Security > Windows Firewall > Allow a program through Windows Firewall.

Incidentally, I have checked that it is not possible to allow BlackCipher through so you might want to verify if Maple Story is allowed first. If yes, next check that compability mode is turned off as you no longer need that.

<_< Some helpful technicians these iBox staff are, did they even check first that their advice was effective?
Posted Image

#21 User is offline   Viciado 

• No. I don't have a wand to magically fix stuff
  • Group: Senior Moderators
  • LocationNexus

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

To get to that part its basically,

Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall

Look for the Exceptions Tab, then pick "Add Program"

As for adding BlackCipher in that list, I'm not too sure since there's no .exe file (probably its integrated into the game client itself or something *shrug*) I'll see if I can check with the admins or figure something out.

*edit* ok, I see a BlackCipher.aes in the task manager processes, so I guess, try to allow exceptions for that particular file then.

This post has been edited by Viciado: 25 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

Posted Image

"Tell us why, given life,
We are meant to die,
Helpless in our cry"

#22 User is offline   Pizzarella 

• PipPip

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

Yup, I've added MapleStory to my list of exceptions, and it was not on compatibility mode but the game still doesn't open T_T

In the meantime, I shall attempt to figure out how to add BlackCipher.aes to the exceptions list, since Windows Firewall by default only allows .exe, .icd and .com files.

Thanks for all the help, though! (:

Edit: I've attempted to add BlackCipher.aes to the list of exceptions through 'Windows Firewall with Advanced Security', by manually adding it to inbound and outbound connections. Still facing the same problem though ): Starting to think that the problem does not lie with the firewall exceptions...

This post has been edited by Pizzarella: 25 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

Posted Image

#23 User is offline   Viciado 

• LocationNexus

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

Pizzarella, on 25 February 2013 - 09:52 PM, said:

Yup, I've added MapleStory to my list of exceptions, and it was not on compatibility mode but the game still doesn't open T_T

In the meantime, I shall attempt to figure out how to add BlackCipher.aes to the exceptions list, since Windows Firewall by default only allows .exe, .icd and .com files.

Thanks for all the help, though! (:

Edit: I've attempted to add BlackCipher.aes to the list of exceptions through 'Windows Firewall with Advanced Security', by manually adding it to inbound and outbound connections. Still facing the same problem though ): Starting to think that the problem does not lie with the firewall exceptions...

Hmmm, mind if I ask what OS platform are you running your game client on?
Posted Image

We are meant to die,
Helpless in our cry"

#24 User is offline   Pizzarella 

• PipPip

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

Viciado, on 26 February 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

Hmmm, mind if I ask what OS platform are you running your game client on?

My current OS is Windows Vista. Could that be the root of all problems? D:
Posted Image

#25 User is offline   LeoValdez 

• Apprentice
  • PipPip

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

Why is it that I don't even have the Black Cipher folder in my MapleStory folder?
Are we supposed to get it during the auto patch?
Posted Image
Give me back my cookies!

#26 User is offline   xxiw23 

• Apprentice
  • PipPip

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

LeoValdez, on 26 February 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

Why is it that I don't even have the Black Cipher folder in my MapleStory folder?
Are we supposed to get it during the auto patch?

Hi, you are having the same problem with me. i don't even have the blackcipher folder also. Patched it with auto and manual patch i still don't get the blackcipher folder. Still wondering how other people got it.

#27 User is offline   Fantasme 

• Stealing your skills

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Your problem is odd as I gave up trying to auto-patch after failing to connect several times and mine was successfully patch manually.
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   Viciado 

• LocationNexus

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Pizzarella, on 26 February 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

My current OS is Windows Vista. Could that be the root of all problems? D:

Hmm Vista should be working fine, I thought you were running Windows 8

Those of you who don't have the BlackCipher folder appearing after patching, where did you get your client download from o.o
Posted Image

We are meant to die,
Helpless in our cry"

#29 User is offline   ADABKADABRA 

• Novice
  • Pip

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

Someone Solve This Prob I want To play MapleStory

This is my First Time My Friend Refer me this Game..He said this game is Awesome..

From Pilippines

#30 User is offline   xxiw23 

• Apprentice
  • PipPip

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

Viciado, on 02 March 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

Hmm Vista should be working fine, I thought you were running Windows 8

Those of you who don't have the BlackCipher folder appearing after patching, where did you get your client download from o.o

From the links provided in the maplesea website(maple.asiasoftsea.net) >.<

Same thing happens even if auto patch. Auto patch source can't be wrong right?

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +